Monday, February 18, 2008

Heart beats

Heart beats
My heart beats..
Nobody knows why my heart beats!!!!!!

Any guesses??
Well this was my first brush with Rap :) I was totally in awe of the music and the lyrics and the guy himself! Too embarassed to openly reveal my liking of the music, I had secretly purchased the album, smuggled it to my room and immersed myself into the melody!

And what amazes me most is.... this album was released in 1992!! Gosh...it just means I was ONLY 10 years old!! or more like 10 years young!! hehe

Well, as the years had gone by, the guy and his music had sedimented somewhere in the depths of my memory...and then suddenly this saturday I heard

Dil Dhadke
Mera dil dhadke
Koi nahin janee baba kyun dhadke!!!!!!

1 comment:

Shubhadeep said...

Baba Sehgal has been an ikon for many Indians who were starters in RAP... I myself had to wage a crusade against Baba and Ma, while buying the "Thanda Thanda Pani" Album :-)

And then it followed... from Main bhi Madonna to Manjula ;-)

But telling you frankly... the first lines reminded me another childhood favorite oldie... "Heartbeat, why do you miss when my baby kisses me..."